Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rev. Jesse Halsey, D.D.

The Seventh Presbyterian Church of Cincinnati

Honoring the Twentieth Year of the Pastorate of Reverend Jesse Halsey, D.D. - 1933
"There is not a living man I honour more than I do Dr. Halsey. He is a man who does things, like his Master did. He has got no false pride, and his religion is one that carries that unanswerable message of the love of God for man, by the spirit that activates him in all his contacts. I have no hesitation whatever in saying I love the man dearly. He has done me lots of good, and helped me to keep my feet on the earth when I have been looking up in the sky for help in difficult circumstances. I should say of Dr. Halsey that he is the best illustration I know of the love that seeketh not her own and looks not on its own things but on the things of others."
- Sir Wilfred Grenfell, K.C.M.G., M.D.

No comments: