Thursday, September 20, 2012

Last Will and Testament | Charles H. Halsey | 1906

Last Will and Testament | Charles H. Halsey

I, Charles H. Halsey, widower; a resident of the Town of Southampton, in the county of Suffolk and State of New York, being of sound mind and memory, do make, publish and declare this my last Will and Testament in manner following, that is to say:

First. I direct that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid.

Second. I give, bequeath and devise to my son Jesse Halsey my Homestead, situate on the west side of Main Street, Village of Southampton, N.Y.; north of the property of the late Daniel Jagger, Decd., and the farm utensils, grain, stock and all the appliances of the place. Also various tracts of land, viz;

A lot situated on the west side of the North Sea Road, in this village south of the Railroad, of about twenty-five acres, more or less, two tracts of land on the northerly side of the Railroad, this village; One tract is bounded north by land of Samuel Bishop, east by land of Ira W. Skinner and south by land of Frank H. and Wm. Aldrich, containing about five and five sixth acres. The second tract is bounded north by land owned or occupied by Joseph Wood, east by estate of D. S. Havens, decd., and south by land of U.R. Havens (formerly Elizabeth Fowler’s land).

My Camp Pond Lot, in the North Woods, bounded north by land of Stephen Haynes, decd., east by land of Edward J. Halsey; south by land of A.M. Cook; and west by land formerly of Jesse Halsey, decd.

A wood lot adjoining the Twelve Acres, bounded north and south by land of the heirs of Stephen Sayre; east by land of Henry Post and George F. Edwards, west by land of J.W.F. Howell and heirs or legatees of Franklin Jagger decd.

My Sandy Hollow Lot, bounded north by the estate of E.E. Hubbard, east by the highway, south by the Sebonac Road, and west by land of the estate of Geo. Woldman.

A lot of about ten acres, in the north woods, that I bought of E. Post, bounded north by H. H. Post, east by the Parsonage land, south by Wm. R. Penny and west by F. W. Cook.

A lot near Millstone Brook, in lot #51, bounded north, east, and west by Valentine Schenck, west by the road.

Two tracts of land near the Methodist Camp; one is bounded north by Edward J. Halsey and Everett Halsey, east and west by D. H. Rose. The other tract is bounded north by the heirs of Samuel Halsey, east by Edward J. Halsey, south by D. H. Rose and west by James Pierson.

I also give to my son, Jesse Halsey, the box that was my father’s and the small boxes containing paper, all that is in the bureau in my bedroom and the contents of the boxes therein, the bedstead and bedding and all that is in my room that belongs to me at my death.

I make my son Jesse my sold residuary legatee of any and all remainder of my property or effects of any kind or character, after all the gifts and legacies named in this instrument are paid and disposed of.

Third. I give to my daughter, Elizabeth M. White, the bureau that was my mother’s, the Organ and Stand, one half of my silver and one half of what remains of her mother’s not otherwise disposed of (she dividing equally with her sister Abigail), and the sum of Seven Hundred dollars.

Fourth. I give to my daughter, Abigail F. Halsey, the furniture in the east champer of my present dwelling house, also a home in said house as long as she remains unmarried, and the large looking glass, and equally with her sister Elizabeth, one half of my silver and one half of the undivided property that was her mother’s, and the sum of Seven Hundred Dollars.

Fifth. I give to my sister in law, Mrs. J. Augusta Halsey, the sum of one hundred dollars, to be paid out of my personal estate.

Sixth. I give to my niece, Edna A. Halsey and Mary Cross, the sum of twenty-five dollars each.

North End Graveyard, Southampton, Graves of Henry and Eliza Halsey and their children Amanda, Mary Rose, and Jesse
Seventh. I give the Southampton Cemetery Association of the village of Southampton, the sum of fifty dollars, the income from the same to be used for the care of my lot in said Cemetery, viz: Lot 1, Block 22 at the discretion of and under the direction of the Trustees of said Cemetery Association. I also give a further sum of fifty dollar to said Association, to be used, or as much thereof as may be needed for the removal of the remains of my father, mother, brother, and two sisters from the old ground onto my before mentioned lot in the new cemetery of said association, or the interest thereof to be used for the care of the plot in the old cemetery as my children may deem advisable: i.e., my children at my decease are to say whether the remains named shall be removed or cared for where they are.

Lastly, I hereby appoint my son Jesse Halsey and my friend Edward H. Foster executor of this, my last Will and Testament; hereby revoking all former wills by me made.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name the 19th day of April, in the year One thousand nine hundred and six (1906).

CHARLES H. HALSEY

Attestation Clause
Albert J. Post
Hubert A. White

Probated Sept. 19, 1906.

No comments: